Brent Weycker vividly recalls the day he realized beer would be his future. An avid home brewer, it was a visit to Chicago in the early 1990s to see his sister where the idea of a career in beer began fermenting in his mind. It was during that trip Weycker visited the original Goose […]
Andrew J. Leavitt began his tenure as the 11th chancellor of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh on Nov. 1, taking over for the retiring Richard Wells. He inherits a university that has expanded its footprint both in terms of the campus and its involvement within the larger region. Insight’s Senior Associate Editor Sean Johnson sat down […]
In software developer parlance it would be called Cultivate 2.0. But that doesn’t really do justice to the changes that have been made to the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce’s program. After a three-year run as a twice-a-year conference offering “practical and tactical tips” to boost the skill set of the region’s talent pool, Cultivate […]
Taking his education to the next level is something Jeff Potts wanted to do, but it was difficult to find the time while he was working. “Essentially, a master’s degree is something I’ve always been interested in obtaining,” Potts says. “But when you look at doing it the traditional way while having a professional career, […]
Also in this issue...
- INSIGHT ON: Innovation – Creative places
- INSIGHT ON: Economic Development – Cheesy returns
- THINC 2015 set May 19
- IN FOCUS: Small Business – Beekeeping Buzz
- IN FOCUS: Trending – More bang for your buck?
- UP FRONT: A bigger picture
- UP FRONT: Regional Roundup – March 2015
- People on the move – March 2015
- Business on the move – March 2015
- From the editor – Join us March 12 to see what’s developing in the New North
- Final Frame – Paint & pinot