“We didn’t even have a screw gun … but we didn’t have anything to lose.” ¶ That’s what Edward Martin, president and CEO of H.J. Martin and Son in Green Bay, recalls about his rather serendipitous decision to add drywalling to the company’s divisions in the 1980s. At the time, Edward’s father, Patrick, was not [...]
Brian Johnson is manager of Current, the young professionals group at the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce, and was founder of the Manitowoc Chamber’s young professional group, SAIL. Johnson, who also co-founded the annual Leaderfest event held for all young professionals in the New North, sat down with Insight Editor Margaret LeBrun to discuss his [...]
The spirit of kindness and giving is permeating hearts throughout the New North, as companies large and small ring bells, wrap gifts, serve food and meet basic needs of financially strapped neighbors in Northeast Wisconsin. The wave of compassion typically swells in mid-November and will continue to build momentum through the New Year. A number [...]
The Affordable Care Act, often known simply as ObamaCare, will have little impact on employers who already provide health coverage for their workforce. “A lot of employers are already set up with plans that are compliant,” says Todd Cleary, a lawyer at Godfrey & Kahn who specializes in employee benefit regulation. “Companies already offering coverage [...]
Also in this issue...
- INSIGHT ON: Business Services – Taking steps
- INSIGHT ON: Financing Small Business – Start-up financing
- INSIGHT ON: Economic Development – Expansion mode
- IN FOCUS: Small Business – Home free
- IN FOCUS: Trending – Year to close strongly
- UP FRONT: Bringing it home
- UP FRONT: Regional roundup – December 2013
- People on the Move – December 2013
- Business on the Move – December 2013
- From the editor – Want the facts on our work ethic? We’ve got ’em!
- Final Frame – Tunnel of light