Sometimes you need a different perspective to see an opportunity. For Al Timmerman, the view is almost always best a few thousand feet in the air. An experienced pilot whose latest passion is flying a helicopter — he commutes daily from Shawano — Timmerman says there is no better stress reliever than a short hop to clear the […]
I LIVED IN THE HURLEY AREA for about 26 years and was a business owner of both a resort and a coffee shop. I also did the economic development for Iron County for about 10 years. I worked with Jerry Murphy (New North Inc.’s executive director), who was at that time the Gogebic County, Mich., economic […]
The warm Wisconsin weather has some golf enthusiasts lacing up their golf shoes to make a difference for local benefit programs. This year, St. Elizabeth Hospital’s Women’s Golf and Luncheon Benefit is aiming high for a goal that will support its palliative care program. Proceeds from the event continue to grow each year. Nearly $115,000 raised last year will pay for a new […]
It’s been a long road back for business lenders. Six years removed from the financial meltdown that triggered the Great Recession, sparking bailouts and increased scrutiny from regulators, area banks have found more solid footing for their lending practices and growing loan portfolios. During the first quarter of 2015, Wisconsin banks posted a 14.6 percent increase […]
Also in this issue...
- INSIGHT ON: Healthcare – Going Independent
- IN FOCUS- Small Business- Good Vibrations
- In Focus: Trending- Rising rates: the beginning of the end?
- UP FRONT – Student debt weighing down regional economy
- UP FRONT – Regional Round Up
- People on the Move – July 2015
- From the Editor – Where great ideas take flight
- Final Frame – Aviation City
- Cover Story – Dynamic drive
- Face Time – Brian Davis on successful crowdfunding
- Connections – Family affairs