Sometimes you need a different perspective to see an opportunity. For Al Timmerman, the view is almost always best a few thousand feet in the air. An experienced pilot whose latest passion is flying a helicopter — he commutes daily from Shawano — Timmerman says there is no better stress reliever than a short hop to clear the […]
What a difference a few years makes. As the Great Recession first tightened its grip on the regional economy in 2009, the greater Fond du Lac area found itself wrestling with some ugly economic realities. Mercury Marine, a key pillar of the regional economy, was seeking wage concessions and other economic assistance in an effort […]
I LIVED IN THE HURLEY AREA for about 26 years and was a business owner of both a resort and a coffee shop. I also did the economic development for Iron County for about 10 years. I worked with Jerry Murphy (New North Inc.’s executive director), who was at that time the Gogebic County, Mich., economic […]
The warm Wisconsin weather has some golf enthusiasts lacing up their golf shoes to make a difference for local benefit programs. This year, St. Elizabeth Hospital’s Women’s Golf and Luncheon Benefit is aiming high for a goal that will support its palliative care program. Proceeds from the event continue to grow each year. Nearly $115,000 raised last year will pay for a new […]
Also in this issue...
- INSIGHT ON: Business Lending
- INSIGHT ON: Healthcare – Going Independent
- IN FOCUS- Small Business- Good Vibrations
- In Focus: Trending- Rising rates: the beginning of the end?
- UP FRONT – Student debt weighing down regional economy
- UP FRONT – Regional Round Up
- People on the Move – July 2015
- From the Editor – Where great ideas take flight
- Final Frame – Aviation City
- Cover Story – Dynamic drive
- Face Time – Brian Davis on successful crowdfunding