Manufacturing Matters Conference set for May 9
The 15th annual Manufacturing Matters Conference rolls into the Frontier Airlines Center in Milwaukee on May 9.
Manufacturing Matters! is WMEP’s signature event to promote performance excellence for the state’s nearly 9,000 small and midsize manufacturers. The day-long event is hosted by the Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP.
Early-bird registration has started and group discounts are also available. For more information or to register, visit www.manufacturingmatters.org.
Some of the day’s highlights include:
- Finding talented workers remains one of the most pressing issues facing manufacturers today. Tim Sullivan, former president and CEO of Bucyrus and now special consultant for business and workforce development for the state of Wisconsin, will share his insight into the skills gap, how to engage employees and specific programs that address the talent issue.
- Aaron Jagdfeld, president and CEO of Manufacturer of the Year award-winner Generac Power Systems, will share his insights into building a rapidly growing business that draws on local suppliers to drive growth, as well as Generac’s innovative program to build its talent supply.
- Adam Hartung, nationally acclaimed author and speaker, will share his innovative four-step process to master business growth in a dynamic world.
- Sarah Miller Caldicott, co-author of “Innovate Like Edison”, will share the methods that her great-uncle Thomas Edison used to create an innovative organization – methods that are based on building collaborative teams.
- Other sessions focus on talent management, innovation, profitable sustainability, online marketing, food & feed, business growth, lean culture, finance, and legal and regulatory issues.